Marcelo tells Bayern's Davies of his "joy" after Barcelona battering
The Real Madrid full-back wasted no time in sharing his love of watching young Alphonso Davies in the 2-8 mauling of his side's Spanish rivals.
On Friday evening, 19-year-old Alphonso Davies was part of the Bayern Munich team that left many speechless as they dismantled Barcelona in the Champions League with an historic 2-8 victory. The left-back has had a brilliant season in the Bundesliga but his outstanding performance against Messi, Suárez and co. had all but Barça fans on their feet applauding. And one of those impressed onlookers was a Real Madrid man who has done similar work over the years.
Popular related articles:
Marcelo loving Davies
After the game, the Canadian youngster received numerous accolades from the world’s media and from some fellow pros alike. The Brazilian full-back at Barcelona's rivals Madrid wrote to him directly on his Instagram account just hours after watching the hammering unfold. "You bring joy to my eyes when I see you play," he penned, almost poetically.
Davies' progression since joining Bayern this season has been meteoric. Coming in from Vancouver, his perceived market value via Transfermarkt has rocked from 10 million euros to 60 million euros in just 12 months. He has proved to manager Hansi Flick, doing so as early as October, that he is a starter, collecting 44 appearances, scoring three and providing the same amount in assists.
Ver esta publicación en Instagram
The latest assist came against Barça, setting up Kimmich for the fifth nail in the Camp Nou club’s coffin.
Te recomendamos en English
- NBA NBA Draft Lottery: What time is it, TV channel, and how to watch it online today?
- NBA When was the last time the Bucks were in the Eastern NBA Conference Finals?
- US NEWS What is a primary election?
- US NEWS When are the NYC mayor elections held?
- Olympic Games How much do Olympic medals cost?
- US NEWS Fourth stimulus check live updates: can it be approved in June? Tax refund, $3,600 Child Tax Credit portal...