Liverpool's Sadio Mané wins PFA Fans' Player of the Year
Sadio Mané became the latest Liverpool player to be acknowledged after the club's dominant Premier League title triumph.
Liverpool forward Sadio Mané has won the Premier League PFA Fans' Player of the Year award for 2019-20. The Senegal international enjoyed another brilliant campaign, scoring 18 goals and providing seven assists as the Reds ended a 30-year wait for a top-flight title in dominant fashion.
Liverpool and City players dominate awards
Mané won the award, voted for via a poll from fans across England, ahead of Manchester City midfielder Kevin De Bruyne and Liverpool team-mate Trent Alexander-Arnold, gaining 41 per cent of the vote. Virgil van Dijk, Raheem Sterling and Leicester's Jamie Vardy were also nominated for the prestigious individual award.
Liverpool have unsurprisingly swept the individual prizes having romped to the title this term, amassing a club-record 99 points and finishing 18 clear of deposed champions Manchester City. Jürgen Klopp won the Manager of the Year, Alexander-Arnold clinched the Young Player of the Season prize and Jordan Henderson was voted the Football Writers' Association Men's Footballer of the Year.
Te recomendamos en English
- UNEMPLOYMENT BENEFITS Will unemployment benefits be extended after May unemployment rates?
- NBA PLAYOFFS Clippers' Chris Paul allowed back for Game 3 after covid issue
- US NEWS What's the Blue Alert? why was it activated in Florida?
- BOXING Who is fighting in Tyson Fury vs Deontay Wilder undercard?
- US NEWS $500 tax rebates: which New Jersey residents will receive the money?
- CORONAVIRUS STIMULUS CHECKS Fourth Stimulus Check: Why is another payment not included in the bipartisan infrastructure bill?