Atlético Madrid to haggle with Napoli over Allan asking price
The midfielder will leave Napoli this summer with Everton and Borussia Dortmund both keen to take him. De Laurentiis is asking for 40 million euros...
After five seasons and 209 appearances for Napoli, Allan is looking for a new club and new challenges. The 29-year-old midfielder was close to joining PSG last year but now is not at the heart of Gattuso's plans for the team. De Laurentiis has decided it's time to sell him on and over the last few weeks, AS understands that Atlético Madrid have shown an interested in the Brazilian's situation.
Allan, who was formerly on the books at Udinese, is a defensive midfielder blessed with both technical ability and strength - characteristics which Atleti's technical department are looking for as they aim to shore up the midfield. The capital club's offer however, falls short of the 40 million euros which Napoli want for the player - a figure which is way too high for Atleti and the other clubs who are keen to sign the midfielder this summer. Atleti are willing to barter with Napoli and include two players - Santiago Arias and Héctor Herrera in the operation - two players who interest the Italians.
Ancelotti keen to take Allan to Goodison
As always, De Laurentiis doesn't want to hear requests for discounts and would prefer to wait until other offers come in. The club to have shown the most interest is Carlo Ancelotti's Everton, who have placed a 25 million euro bid on the table, while Borussia Dortmund could also enter bidding for Allan if they offload a midfield player during the transfer window.
Te recomendamos en English
- CORONAVIRUS STIMULUS CHECKS Second stimulus check: will there be a new payment in November?
- CORONAVIRUS USA coronavirus live: Trump, stimulus checks, Amy Barret, cases, deaths, updates today
- US ELECTIONS 2020 Early voting in NYC: dates, how to vote and where to find locations near me
- GAMING NEWS Pokémon GO A Spooky Message Unmasked: all research tasks and rewards from Halloween event
- BRAZIL Ronaldinho tests positive for coronavirus
- Covid-19 Economic Crisis Unemployment benefits NY: why was New York denied an extra $300?