Carlos Vela set to rejoin LAFC for the reminder of the 2020 season
The former Most Valuable Player of the Major League Soccer opted not to play the MLS is Back tournament with LAFC but is ready to play against LA Galaxy.
Carlos Vela decided not to play the MLS is Back tournament with Los Angeles Football Club (LAFC) because of health reasons, but since the team returned from the ‘bubble’ from Orlando he returned to practice under coach Bob Bradley’s orders.
The Major League Soccer(MLS) announced that they will continue the 2020 season amid the coronavirus pandemic and the former MVP seems like he will join LAFC who will host LA Galaxy on 22 August at the Banc of California stadium.
- United States of America
*Update 17 de agosto de 2020
Even though there is no official word and as the MLS Players Union is still discussing the opt-out protocol with the MLS, it is expected that both sides reach a deal by the end of the week. Meanwhile the negotiations continue, LAFC tweeted this Monday two pictures of their captain practicing with the rest of the team.
LAFC ready for ‘El Trafico’
The 2020 season will resume in the club's home markets with a total of 18 games and LAFC will resume the campaign by hosting LA Galaxy at the Banc of California stadium. Last time these two teams faced each other LAFC demolished LA Galaxy 6 to 2 in the MLS is BAck tournament without Carlos Vela and with Diego Rossi scoring four goals.
Prior to the coronavirus pandemic Los Angeles Football Club had played two games of the 2020 season. The team managed by Bob Bradley defeated Inter Miami 1-0 during the home opener and then tied against Philadelphia Union 3-3 and Carlos Vela scored a total of two goals in those two games.
Te recomendamos en English
- NFL Denver Broncos at NFL Draft 2021: Which players could they pick?
- UFC Dana White wants UFC to return to Mexico
- AMERICAN RESCUE PLAN IRS $3,000 child tax credit: when will the monthly payments begin?
- EARTH DAY 2021 What is the Earth Day and why it's celebrated today?
- CORONAVIRUS STIMULUS CHECKS Will the IRS send supplemental payments to 2020 tax filers?
- CORONAVIRUS STIMULUS CHECK Fourth stimulus check: what entities are pressuring Biden to make a new payment?