Stade cancel Toulon friendly as players have Covid-19 lung damage
Just a couple of weeks before the Pro14 season starts, Stade Francais have been forced to cancel a friendly with Toulon due to coronavirus.
Stade Francais have cancelled a friendly against Toulon as players who tested positive for coronavirus have developed lesions on their lungs.
L'Équipe last week reported that up to 25 positive tests have been returned at the Top 14 club.
Stade were due to face Toulon next Thursday, but the Paris giants on Wednesday revealed that match will not go ahead as some players who contracted Covid-19 must rest for at least another week.
Player suffering lung damage from Covid-19
"In light of the mandatory medical examinations for all players who have tested positive for the Covid-19 RT-PCR test, it appears that some of them are carriers of lung damage due to the virus," a club statement said.
"These lesions require a period of complete rest estimated for the moment at a minimum of one week and which will be added to the fourteen already observed.
"Other reviews are currently under way.
"In addition, the input of the medical commission of the National Rugby League for an advisory opinion resulted, for obvious health reasons, in the cancellation of the friendly match against RC Toulon scheduled for August 27.
"Once again, the club would like to thank all those who have shown their support during these last days."
Stade are due to get the new season started against Bordeaux-Begles on September 4.
Te recomendamos en English
- PSG Real Madrid watch as tensions grow between Mbappé and PSG
- EURO 2020 Cristiano Ronaldo becomes European Championship's record goalscorer
- NBA Who are the highest paid NBA players in 2021?
- CORONAVIRUS STIMULUS CHECKS Fourth stimulus check: what organizations are in favor of a new payment?
- US News Unemployment benefits: can you keep the payments if you go back to work?
- US News Which states have abolished federal unemployment benefits and why?