Free transfer Asamoah Gyan chased by Premier League clubs
The player's agent revealed that three Ghanaian clubs including Asante Kotoko have approached to get the player's services.
Asamoah Gyan's agent Samuel Addo revealed that three Ghanaian clubs competing in the country's Premier League are interested in signing the veteran striker confirming that one of these clubs is Asante Kotoko; a club with a glorious history in Africa.
Asamoah Gyan: in demand and free
Gyan has been without a club since his contract with NorthEast United came to an end earlier this year as he is looking forward to reviving his career back in his homeland.
Addo stated that Asante are now favourites to secure the 34-year-old's signature, especially with the player himself interested in joining the club.
“Three top Ghanaian clubs and three clubs from outside have approached Asamoah Gyan for his services,” Addo said.
"Kumasi Asante Kotoko is one of the three clubs, but we are yet to get to the decision level as to whether he will play or not,” he added.
Asamoah Gyan is the former captain of the Ghanaian national team, he has made 106 international appearances scoring 51 goals in addition to participating in three World Cups before he decided to retire from international football at the age of 33.
Gyan also played for a handful of teams around the world including Udinese in Seria A, Rennes in Ligue 1, Sunderland in England, Al–Ain in UAE, Chinese club Shanghai SIPG, Turkish side Kayserispor, and finally, Indian Northeast United was his final station.
Te recomendamos en English
- Bundesliga Jadon Sancho sets Bundesliga assist record in Arminia win
- FOOTBALL Transfer news round-up: Liverpool eyeing Gerard return as Klopp exit looms
- BOXING Canelo finishes Yildirim in three rounds to retain world titles
- NBA Mavs snap Nets' eight-game winning streak, Embiid scores 42 but 76ers lose in OT
- AMERICAN RESCUE PLAN ACT 2021 Will I be able to apply for a third stimulus check and $3000 child tax credit?
- US NEWS Third stimulus check updates today: when will Senate vote on it? | How much, who qualifies, Child tax credit | Live