Ansu Fati and Adama Traore called up to new-look Spain squad
Luis Enrique has added some fresh faces to his Spain squad for next month's Nations League double-header.
Barcelona rising star Ansu Fati has been called up to the Spain squad for next month's UEFA Nations League matches against Germany and Ukraine.
Wolves winger Adama Traore is also included, having missed out on making his international debut last November due to injury.
In something of a fresh-faced squad, head coach Luis Enrique has also added Manchester City defender Eric Garcia and Real Madrid midfielder Oscar Rodriguez, who has been on loan at Leganes.
⚠️ OFICIAL | ¡Estos son los convocados por @LUISENRIQUE21 para los partidos de la UEFA Nations League ante Alemania y Ucrania!— Selección Española de Fútbol (@SeFutbol) August 20, 2020
😷 Las mascarillas ya están preparadas y el vestuario listo para recibir a los 24 elegidos.#SomosEspaña#SomosFederación pic.twitter.com/A4hu4K2NC3
There are also places for new Manchester City signing Ferran Torres, Athletic Bilbao goalkeeper Unai Simon, Real Sociedad midfielder Mikel Merino and Sevilla full-back Sergio Reguilon, another Madrid loanee.
Barcelona left-back Jordi Alba has been left out and there are no players from Atletico Madrid in the squad.
Te recomendamos en English
- Coronavirus USA coronavirus live: Trump, stimulus checks, cases, deaths, updates today
- Coronavirus stimulus checks Second stimulus check update: US coronavirus relief bill
- UFC UFC 254: Emotional Khabib announces retirement after beating Gaethje
- US Election 2020 Early voting in Florida: when will it end and where can I vote?
- Halloween What's the origin, meaning and history of Halloween?
- BARCELONA-REAL MADRID Real Madrid edge ahead of Barcelona in historical rivalry