Juventus: Andrea Pirlo recruits Igor Tudor as assistant coach
Andrea Pirlo will be assisted by former Udinese boss Igor Tudor when he launches his career as head coach of Juventus next season.
Igor Tudor has left his position as Hajduk Split coach to start work as assistant to Andrea Pirlo at Juventus, the Croatian club announced on Friday. Despite not playing alongside one another during their respective playing stints at Juve, Tudor and Pirlo will join forces in the dugout at the Allianz Stadium. Former defender Tudor, 42, has previous coaching experience in Serie A, having led Udinese in two separate spells before returning to Hajduk this year.
Hajduk wish Tudor well
A statement released by Hajduk read: "Igor Tudor is no longer the coach of Hajduk after he decided to accept the offer of new Juventus coach Andrea Pirlo to join him in Italy as an assistant. We wish coach Tudor a lot of luck and success in his future career."
Pirlo was a surprise appointment after Serie A champions Juve dispensed with Maurizio Sarri following their recent Champions League elimination at the hands of Olympique Lyon.
Te recomendamos en English
- latest news Happy Thanksgiving 2020 messages, images and memes
- thanksgiving Macy's Thanksgiving Day Parade: times, TV and how to watch online
- HOLIDAYS Thanksgiving: since when has it been celebrated? What’s its origin and meaning?
- Maradona How did Maradona die: cause of death of the Argentinean legend
- DIEGO MARADONA 1960-2020 Maradona dies at 60: football world pays tribute to Argentina great
- MARADONA 1960-2020 Maradona dead: updates, latest news and reactions