Ivan Perisic to sit down with Inter Milan to discuss future
Croatian midfielder Ivan Perisic has now completed his loan stint at Bayern Munich and capped his season winning the Champions League in Lisbon.
Ivan Perisic suggested he is open to resurrecting his career with Inter Milan after bringing his loan spell at Bayern Munich to end in style by winning the Champions League. The Croatia international enjoyed a productive season-long loan in Bavaria, lifting the Bundesliga and DFL-Pokal before claiming European football's biggest club prize in Lisbon last night.
He started each of Bayern's quarter-final and semi-final triumphs against Barcelona and Olympique Lyon, scoring in the former, before reverting to the bench for Sunday's showdown with Paris Saint-Germain. That decision from Hansi Flick ultimately proved inspired as Kingsley Coman, Perisic's replacement, headed the only goal after half-time.
Perisic enters on 67 minutes
Perisic appeared as a second-half substitute and told Sky Sport he regretted not tasting similar success with Inter, who he joined in 2015. "It's a pity I haven't done something like this with Inter in recent years, but now I'm happy," he said. "I still have two years on my contract with the Nerazzurri, let's see what happens. We have to meet."
With Leroy Sané on board at Bayern, a permanent move for Perisic might not be necessary. However, events in Milan could fall in his favour, with Antonio Conte's future as Inter head coach uncertain following Friday's 3-2 Europa League final defeat to Sevilla.
Conte's preference for a 3-5-2 system saw Perisic cast aside last year, with the former Italy and Chelsea boss bemoaning his inability to adapt to the demands of that formation. "We're working with him, but his response isn't positive," Conte said after a 1-0 friendly defeat to Manchester United in Singapore last July. "Perisic can't play in the role that I want. Therefore, he can only play as a striker right now."
Te recomendamos en English
- BORUSSIA M. 2 - REAL MADRID 2 Real Madrid: Benzema hits out at Vinícius, according to Téléfoot
- Barcelona aiming to end Juventus hoodoo, Mbappe eyes more away-day joy – Champions League in Opta numbers
- European Super League European Super League: a "hostile takeover" of Champions League
- FOOTBALL Manchester United to move for Leipzig's Upamecano - rumour has it
- MLB Dodgers beat Rays to end 32-year World Series drought
- US ELECTIONS 2020 Who are the candidates for 2020 US Elections besides Trump and Biden?