Barcelona: Ronaldinho released from house arrest in Paraguay
Ronaldinho was released from house arrest in Paraguay, where he was arrested in March.
Former Barcelona and Brazil star Ronaldinho has been released from house arrest in Paraguay after nearly five months.
Ronaldinho and his brother, Roberto Assis, were jailed in March after entering the country with fake passports. The pair were then moved to house arrest in a Paraguayan hotel in April after serving 32 days in prison.
Ronaldinho, a key part of Brazil's 2002 World Cup-winning squad, and his brother were released from house arrest on Monday. While he will have to pay a $90,000 fine, his brother was fined $110,000; travel conditions were imposed on both.
Former Barcelona, Paris Saint-Germain and AC Milan forward Ronaldinho won 97 caps for Brazil between 1999 and 2013, scoring 33 times. He won the Ballon d'Or in 2005.
Te recomendamos en English
- DEREK CHAUVIN TRIAL George Floyd verdict and closing arguments: what has defense and prosecution stated?
- PLAYSTATION Horizon Zero Dawn free on PS4 and PS5: date, times and how to download
- UNEMPLOYMENT BENEFITS Overpayment of unemployment benefits: should I give it back?
- CORONAVIRUS VACCINE Why has the demand for vaccines decreased in some states of the country?
- OSCARS 2021 Which movies have won the Oscar for Best Picture each year?
- European Super League Florentino Pérez on European Super League: "We are doing this to save football"