Barcelona: Ronaldinho released from house arrest in Paraguay
Ronaldinho was released from house arrest in Paraguay, where he was arrested in March.
Former Barcelona and Brazil star Ronaldinho has been released from house arrest in Paraguay after nearly five months.
Ronaldinho and his brother, Roberto Assis, were jailed in March after entering the country with fake passports. The pair were then moved to house arrest in a Paraguayan hotel in April after serving 32 days in prison.
Ronaldinho, a key part of Brazil's 2002 World Cup-winning squad, and his brother were released from house arrest on Monday. While he will have to pay a $90,000 fine, his brother was fined $110,000; travel conditions were imposed on both.
Former Barcelona, Paris Saint-Germain and AC Milan forward Ronaldinho won 97 caps for Brazil between 1999 and 2013, scoring 33 times. He won the Ballon d'Or in 2005.
Te recomendamos en English
- US NEWS What's happening with GameStop stocks, Wall Street and Reddit?
- CORONAVIRUS STIMULUS CHECKS Third stimulus check: how could it be different from the first and second ones?
- US NEWS What has Biden said about the use of private prisons?
- US NEWS How many Republican senators have voted to dismiss Trump's impeachment?
- US NEWS How many extra doses of coronavirus vaccines has Biden ordered?
- FOOTBALL UEFA commits to 12 host cities for Euro 2020