Messi, Suárez, Lautaro, Ansu Fati... Koeman's Barcelona plan starts to take shape
As Barcelona prepare for a rebuild, Manchester City are said to be looking at Lionel Messi while Luis Suárez finds himself out of the picture at Camp Nou.
Manchester City are reportedly looking at signing Lionel Messi, while Barcelona's rebuild does not include Luis Suarez. Messi, 33, has been linked with a move away from the LaLiga giants after a trophy-less 2019-20 season reached its nadir in the 8-2 thrashing by Bayern Munich in the Champions League.
Barça are preparing for a rebuild and while Messi is part of their plans, Suarez is seemingly not, which in turn could play into the hands of City or Inter Milan. Messi and Suárez are firm friends and any move by the Camp Nou board to jettison the Uruguay forward could be the final straw for Messi, who has been rather vocal about the shortcomings of the board this season.
Manchester City planning audacious Messi move
Manchester City are working out if they would be able to sign Barcelona star Messi without breaching Financial Fair Play (FFP) rules, according to ESPN.
The report says the Premier League giants are preparing should Messi become available.
Messi is contracted at Barcelona until 2021, but has been linked with a move.
Ansu Fati gives Barça some cheer
- Also at Barcelona, Ronald Koeman is preparing his rebuild. Mundo Deportivo reports the club no longer want Luis Suárez, Ivan Rakitic, Arturo Vidal or Samuel Umtiti, but have plans for Philippe Coutinho, Sergio Busquets and Jordi Alba. The report also says Suárez's departure will open up a move for Inter star Lautaro Martínez.
- Ansu Fati is seemingly close to committing his future to Barcelona. The 17-year-old forward, who has been linked to Manchester United, will sign a new deal that will include a €400million release clause, according to Mundo Deportivo.
- A former Bianconeri striker could help Juventus land Edin Dzeko. Tuttosport reports Mario Mandzukic could join Roma as a replacement for Dzeko, who is being linked to Juve.
- Milan are reportedly looking at Brahim Diaz. Fabrizio Romano reports the Serie A giants have opened talks with Real Madrid about a loan move, with an option to buy, for Brahim.
- Hector Bellerín has been linked with a move away from Arsenal. RMC Sport reports the defender has been offered to Paris Saint-Germain.
- Also at PSG, Leandro Paredes could make a move. Gianluca Di Marzio says Juventus are interested in the midfielder.
Te recomendamos en English
- USWNT vs Colombia USWNT vs Colombia: women’s soccer, friendly match
- UFC What was outcome of the last Conor McGregor UFC fight?
- LALIGA Alavés vs Real Madrid: how and where to watch - times, TV, online
- UFC UFC 257: McGregor "raring to go" as he and Poirier make weight
- NFL What are Aaron Rodgers & Tom Brady records? Super Bowl appearances, titles, completions...
- NFL Which team has played more NFL conference finals?