Real Madrid sign young forward Hugo Duro from Getafe
Having recently been called up to the Spain Under-21s squad for the first time, Hugo Duro has now secured a loan move to Real Madrid.
Real Madrid have secured promising Getafe forward Hugo Duro on a one-year loan deal with the option to buy the player next year.
The 20-year-old, who was called up to the Spain Under-21 squad for the first time last week for next month's meeting with Macedonia, will join up with Madrid's reserve team, Castilla, for the 2020-21 season in the Second Division B as he looks to earn a permanent move. Duro was brought in on the express wishes of Castilla coach Raúl. Madrid attempted to sign him two years ago but the player preferred to stay with Getafe.
Duro, who entered Getafe's youth academy as a five-year-old, has most regularly represented the B team, but since making his LaLiga debut aged 18, he has gone on to make 25 appearances in the top tier. The majority of those came as a substitute, which goes some way to explaining his return of just a single goal in LaLiga - against Villarreal in July, but he did feature in nine of Getafe's 11 LaLiga matches after the coronavirus-enforced hiatus.
Te recomendamos en English
- coronavirus stimulus checks What have Republicans said about a second stimulus check?
- CORONAVIRUS Unemployment benefits: can you still get them if you are fired?
- US election 2020 Election US 2020: who are the top economic officials named by Biden?
- LIGA MX Miguel Herrera to continue as the head coach of Club América
- BOXING Tyson admits to smoking a joint ahead of Roy Jones fight
- Football Aspetar to host sports medicine forum until Qatar 2022