Messi's departure will benefit Koeman, says Mido
Former Egyptian player Mido, who currently works as a football analyst and has his own TV show, believes that Messi leaving Barça will be in the new manager's interests.
Former Egyptian player Ahmed Hossam Mido, who played for several European clubs including Ajax Amsterdam where he was coached by Barca's new manager Ronald Koeman, said on his show that Koeman will be the one benefiting if it is the case that Lionel Messi leaves Barcelona.
Mido explained: "Koeman is one of the best coaches I have trained with and he has a very strong character, but he is going to face many difficulties if Messi stays."
Koeman doesn't want players with strong characters
"The best thing that could happen to Koeman is the potential departure of Messi. Koeman won't be able to build his empire with Messi existing in the dressing room.
"Koeman was my coach for two and a half years and no matter how much time goes by, he is still unable to handle players with strong characters and he doesn't want a player who has an opinion", he added.
Many reports have claimed lately that Messi's time at Barcelona is over, with the Argentine informing Barça's board of his desire to leave Camp Nou.
Mido also mentioned that during his time at Ajax Keoman had so many problems with him as well as with Zlatan Ibrahimovic. However, he gave the Dutchman some credit by admitting that he is the most suitable option for the Catalans currently since he has Barça's DNA.
Te recomendamos en English
- Halloween What is the history and meaning of Halloween?
- DISNEY+ The Mandalorian Season 2: how many episodes and when are they released on Disney+?
- US Election 2020 What's Biden's plan for Medicare?
- Coronavirus Main Street Lending Program: what changes did Federal Reserve make to small business loans?
- US Election 2020 How many votes did Trump get in Florida in the 2016 presidential election?
- US Election 2020 What's Biden's plan for the economy, stimulus and unemployment?