Real Madrid and Benfica agree Mariano loan deal
The clubs have sealed an agreement for the striker. Benfica now must convince the player to accept. His 4.5 M euro salary is the main obstacle.
Real Madrid and Benfica have reached an agreement for the loan of Mariano Díaz to the Portuguese club, according to sports daily Record. Both clubs are in agreement about the terms of the loan deal which includes the option to buy the striker outright ahead of the 2021-22 season. Benfica would not pay anything to Madrid to take Mariano on loan but would be required to pay the player's salary in full, which is an issue which they have yet to resolve.
Mariano's wages is the main obstacle in the way of completing the operation, Record adds, as the player currently takes home over 4 million euros a year. The Portuguese hope to reach some kind of arrangement with Madrid before convincing the player to accept the offer.
Te recomendamos en English
- FIFA No harm, no foul between Mexico and Honduras after the 90 minutes.
- COPA AMERICA Brazil vs Venezuela: covid-19 chaos as La Vinotinto face up to tall task
- US News Unemployment benefits: How many fraudulent claims were made and how much money was stolen?
- E3 2021 PC Gaming Show at E3 2021: times, stream and how to watch
- E3 2021 Square Enix conference at E3 2021: times, stream and how to watch
- E3 2021 Microsoft Xbox + Bethesda conference at E3 2021: times, stream online and how to watch