Trump: NBA has become a 'political organisation'
"They've become a political organisation and that's not a good thing for sports or the country." United States President Donald Trump said.
United States president Donald Trump labelled the NBA a "political organisation" amid protests against racial injustice.
Asked for his reaction to the protest, Trump accused the NBA of turning into a political body.
Trump: "I know their ratings have been very bad"
"I don't know about the NBA protest. I know their ratings have been very bad because I think people are tired of the NBA frankly," he told reporters.
"But I don't know too much about the protest, but I know their ratings have been very bad and that's unfortunate.
"They've become a political organisation and that's not a good thing for sports or the country."
While games have been postponed, the NBA playoffs are expected to resume in the coming days.
Te recomendamos en English
- DONALD TRUMP Trump lands in Florida: what will he do next?
- Olympic Games Japan accepts Olympic Games will be cancelled
- CORNELLÀ 0-2 BARCELONA Koeman: "No Barça player should miss two penalties in the same match"
- US NEWS Amazon offer to help Biden administration with Covid-19 vaccine distribution
- FORTNITE Predator in Fortnite: where to find him and how to get his skin in Season 5
- US NEWS $1,400 third stimulus check live updates: Biden plan, when could it arrive