Trump: NBA has become a 'political organisation'
"They've become a political organisation and that's not a good thing for sports or the country." United States President Donald Trump said.
United States president Donald Trump labelled the NBA a "political organisation" amid protests against racial injustice.
Asked for his reaction to the protest, Trump accused the NBA of turning into a political body.
Trump: "I know their ratings have been very bad"
"I don't know about the NBA protest. I know their ratings have been very bad because I think people are tired of the NBA frankly," he told reporters.
"But I don't know too much about the protest, but I know their ratings have been very bad and that's unfortunate.
"They've become a political organisation and that's not a good thing for sports or the country."
While games have been postponed, the NBA playoffs are expected to resume in the coming days.
Te recomendamos en English
- US News Covid-19 vaccine in the US live updates: FDA approves Pfizer for 12-15 year olds, side effects, Indian variant...
- US NEWS Fourth stimulus check live updates: $2,000 monthly stimulus, Golden State payment tracker, Child Tax Credit...
- Barcelona - Atlético Madrid Messi and Suárez to face off for first time in title decider
- PREMIER LEAGUE Bale hitting top form as Real Madrid star mulls Spurs stay
- Inter Milan Lautaro: I nearly joined Messi at Barcelona and Real Madrid tried to sign me twice
- REAL MADRID Juventus look to Zidane as replacement for Pirlo