MLS new dates for postponed matches amid Jacob Blake protests
Last Wednesday the players from Major League Soccer decided not to play as a sign of protest for the death of Jacob Blake which affected five games.
Last Wednesday, Major League Soccer players decided to join the NBA players in protesting for the death of Jacob Blake by not playing their respective games. This caused the NBA playoffs to be postponed and rescheduled for 29 August, and now the MLS has announced the new dates for the five games that were put off on Wednesday.
New dates for MLS matchday 3
The MLS announced that the five games in question would be played in the first two weeks of September. With this announcement it was confirmed that the games between Inter Miami and Atlanta United as well as Real Salt Lake and LAFC would be played on 9 September. The first game will be held at the Inter Miami stadium and the second one at the Rio Tinto stadium.
Thereafter, the matches between FC Dallas and Colorado Rapids and San José Earthquakes and Portland Timbers will be played on 16 September. The remaining game, LA Galaxy vs Seattle Sounders, doesn’t have a set date yet. The league is working with both teams to set a date as soon as possible to continue the 2020 season as the battle continues against the coronavirus pandemic.
Te recomendamos en English
- EURO 2020 Why is Sergio Ramos not in Spain squad?
- EURO 2020 Who plays today in European Championship? Monday 14 June: games, times, TV, schedule...
- EURO 2020 Denmark's Eriksen thanks life-savers and vows to understand what caused cardiac arrest
- Copa America Brazil's Tite hails Neymar but stops short of Ronaldo and Romario comparisons
- US NEWS Fourth stimulus check live updates: is it coming in June? Tax refund status, homeowner stimulus check, child tax payment...
- US NEWS G7 summit recap: what did Joe Biden say about meeting Queen Elizabeth?