Chelsea make Mendy bid as Lampard seeks a Kepa upgrade
According to reports, Chelsea have tabled an offer of €20m for the Rennes keeper as a replacement for the out-of-favour Kepa Arrizabalaga.
Kepa Arrizabalaga’s Chelsea career appears to be drawing to a close as Frank Lampard looks set to wield the Stamford Bridge cheque book to sign a replacement for the out-of-favour Spain keeper. According to reports in the UK, after signing Timo Werner, Hakim Ziyech, Ben Chilwell and Thiago Silva ahead of the 2020-21 season, Lampard has now set his sights on a new number one, Rennes and Senegal stopper Édouard Mendy.
Kepa has fallen down the pecking order at Stamford Bridge to the extent that he was dropped for the Champions League drubbing at the hands of Bayern Munich in favour of 38-year-old Willy Caballero.
Chelsea after cheaper alternative to Oblak, Donnarumma
Chelsea have been linked with Atlético Madrid keeper Jan Oblak and Milan and Italy stopper Gianluigi Donnarumma but have apparently settled on a cheaper and more accessible target in the form of Senegal international Mendy.
The Blues are reported to have tabled a bid in the region of €20m for the 28-year-old with Kepa widely believed to be headed back to LaLiga for a season on loan with Chelsea not keen on giving up on their €80m investment just yet. The 25-year-old’s former club Athletic Bilbao will doubtless be watching events unfold with interest.
Te recomendamos en English
- MLS Toronto FC eager to sign Santos Borré
- LIGA MX “Many things were said that are not true” - Roger Martínez
- REAL MADRID The New Bernabéu starts preparing for fans' return
- Barcelona Koeman unworried by how Sunday's Madrid derby turns out
- BARCELONA Barcelona seek a new president to lead them into a new era
- Coronavirus Stimulus Checks Third stimulus check passed in Senate updates: who qualifies, how much, when will the payment arrive, Biden signs | Live