Thiago's departure from Bayern "is imminent" says Rummenigge
Thiago Alcantara has been heavily linked with Liverpool and Karl-Heinz Rummenigge conceded he looks set to leave Bayern Munich.
Thiago Alcántara looks set to leave Bayern Munich and CEO Karl-Heinz Rummenigge expects an offer for the midfielder in the coming days. Liverpool have been heavily linked with a move for Thiago, though Rummenigge said this week that Bayern had received no contact from the Premier League champions and Anfield sources have claimed that the player in not on their list of possible recruits.
However, asked about Thiago in an interview with Welt am Sonntag, Rummenigge replied: "It looks like he will leave us. It was important for him that he showed that he can play well in the big games. When it comes to that, it's a finish that hurts a bit. I expect an offer for him in the next few days."
Thiago signs off with the treble
Thiago helped Bayern to a treble-winning campaign as they lifted the Bundesliga, DFB-Pokal and Champions League under Hansi Flick.
He may not be the only Spain international to depart the Allianz Arena ahead of the 2020-21 campaign. Defender Javi Martínez also appears to have his heart set on pastures new, with Rummenigge confirming Bayern would not prevent him from seeking a move. "Javi is thinking about leaving us. It will be difficult for him now, too," he added. "His contract is still valid for one year and we have given him to understand that we are not going to put any obstacles in his way."
Te recomendamos en English
- BARCELONA Barcelona feel cheated by Neymar
- CHAMPIONS LEAGUE Negotiations taking place over moving Champions League final to the UK
- Coronavirus Why do vaccines make you feel ill?
- LATEST NEWS Chinese rocket: where it fell, in what country and what happened to remains of the Long March 5B
- LATEST NEWS Times Square shooting: what happened and who was shot?
- LATEST NEWS Chinese rocket Long March 5B: why was it out of control and falling?