"Barça need an overhaul, the club's DNA is being lost"
Chilean midfielder Arturo Vidal spoke of a potential life away from Camp Nou: "If Pirlo or Juventus call me then I'd be happy".
Arturo Vidal is one of the handful of players that have been singled out as surplus to requirement at FC Barcelona next season by new head coach Ronald Koeman. The Chilean spoke via the Youtube channel of Daniel Habif about the situation at the Catalan club. The player was one of the players to show up at the club's Joan Gamper training centre on Sunday to undergo protocol PCR testing.
Barcelona's DNA. "A top club and one that I consider as the best in the world cannot have just 13 professional players with a squad then augmented by youth teamers. That's not to disrespect those younger players".
The club and Setién. "Things have happened that are not befitting a top club and we saw this when we came up against sided that were well drilled and organised. These things have a knock-on effect in an emotional manner".
The future. "There is only one Arturo Vidal and statistics over the years reinforce this. Every side that I joined experienced an uplift. I'm at the disposition of what the club decides and will speak with Koeman and we'll see what happens".
The 2-8 defeat to Bayern. "It was painful to watch that game and not b e part of the action. I was optimistic ahead of the game but to be frank the team came into the tie after a few weeks of poor form:"
Te recomendamos en English
- BARCELONA Barcelona boss Koeman responds to Real Madrid penalty controversy
- EUROPEAN SUPER LEAGUE Juventus could be kicked out of Serie A over Super League move
- REAL MADRID Real Madrid enquire about Spurs' defender Serge Aurier
- NBA Anthony Davis posts 42-point game against the Phoenix Suns
- US NEWS Covid-19 vaccine in the US live updates: efficacy, safety, side effects from Pfizer, J&J, Moderna...
- US NEWS Where is my Golden State stimulus? How to check & track