Lautaro considering rejecting Barcelona over Messi situation
Italian newspaper Corriere dello Sport reports that the Argentinean star could renew with Inter Milan.
More bad news for Barcelona, in the midst of the Messi-wants-to-leave hurricane. From Italy this time, where Corriere dello Sport reports that one of Barcelona's main transfer targets Lautaro Martínez does not want to sign for the Catalan club because of the Messi affair.
Barcelona wanted Martínez to replace Suárez
Barcelona saw Lautaro Martínez as the replacement for Luis Suárez (the Uruguayan has been told he's not in the club's plans), but the situation at the club since Messi sent his burofax telling the club he was breaking his contract and leaving has led to the Martínez reconsidering his position and deciding he would prefer not to move to the Camp Nou. In fact, the report indicates that with Antonio Conte staying at Inter Milan everything indicates the club is in a favourable situation to try to renew Lautaro's contract.
Lautaro's stats and skills
The player currently has a contract thought to 2023. He had a buy-out clause of 111 million euros which expired in July, meaning Inter can demand whatever price they want for the player. Lautaro joined Inter in 2018 from Racing Club and this year has scored 21 goals in 49 games, making a formidable partnership up front with Lukaku.
Thanks in part to his performances the Italian side finished just one point behind Juventus at the top of Serie A, and reached the final of the Europa League, where they were beaten by Sevilla. His stats and skills caught Barcelona's eye and they were keen to land what they thought would be one of the next big stars, but the bombshell move from Messi appears to have ripped that plan to shreds.
Te recomendamos en English
- Boxing Mike Tyson vs Roy Jones Jr. live fight online: results, updates and purses
- Liga MX America vs Chivas live online: Liga MX Playoffs, Leg 2 updates
- Coronavirus Which benefits will disappear if no stimulus bill is passed?
- US Election What’s happening in Trump campaign lawsuits in Pennsylvania, Georgia & Michigan?
- CORONAVIRUS Covid 19 vaccine: who would receive it first in US?
- coronavirus Coronavirus in Los Angeles: new stay-at-home restrictions and dates