Lautaro considering rejecting Barcelona over Messi situation
Italian newspaper Corriere dello Sport reports that the Argentinean star could renew with Inter Milan.
More bad news for Barcelona, in the midst of the Messi-wants-to-leave hurricane. From Italy this time, where Corriere dello Sport reports that one of Barcelona's main transfer targets Lautaro Martínez does not want to sign for the Catalan club because of the Messi affair.
Barcelona wanted Martínez to replace Suárez
Barcelona saw Lautaro Martínez as the replacement for Luis Suárez (the Uruguayan has been told he's not in the club's plans), but the situation at the club since Messi sent his burofax telling the club he was breaking his contract and leaving has led to the Martínez reconsidering his position and deciding he would prefer not to move to the Camp Nou. In fact, the report indicates that with Antonio Conte staying at Inter Milan everything indicates the club is in a favourable situation to try to renew Lautaro's contract.
Lautaro's stats and skills
The player currently has a contract thought to 2023. He had a buy-out clause of 111 million euros which expired in July, meaning Inter can demand whatever price they want for the player. Lautaro joined Inter in 2018 from Racing Club and this year has scored 21 goals in 49 games, making a formidable partnership up front with Lukaku.
Thanks in part to his performances the Italian side finished just one point behind Juventus at the top of Serie A, and reached the final of the Europa League, where they were beaten by Sevilla. His stats and skills caught Barcelona's eye and they were keen to land what they thought would be one of the next big stars, but the bombshell move from Messi appears to have ripped that plan to shreds.
Te recomendamos en English
- NFL Denver Broncos at NFL Draft 2021: Which players could they pick?
- UFC Dana White wants UFC to return to Mexico
- AMERICAN RESCUE PLAN IRS $3,000 child tax credit: when will the monthly payments begin?
- EARTH DAY 2021 What is the Earth Day and why it's celebrated today?
- CORONAVIRUS STIMULUS CHECKS Will the IRS send supplemental payments to 2020 tax filers?
- CORONAVIRUS STIMULUS CHECK Fourth stimulus check: what entities are pressuring Biden to make a new payment?