Manchester United seal Van de Beek; Chelsea close in on Havertz
Donny van de Beek is reportedly set to join Manchester United from Eredivisie giants Ajax while Chelsea are set to flex their financial muscle again.
Manchester United fans have been waiting for a new face to arrive and their patience is set to be rewarded as the lure of Old Trafford has reportedly led Donny van de Beek to shun interest from Barcelona, Real Madrid and Tottenham to sign up for Ole Gunnar Solskjaer's side.
Meanwhile, the Premier League is leading the way in transfer spending this summer so far and Chelsea are responsible for most of the outlay having added Ben Chilwell and Thiago Silva in recent days to Hakim Ziyech and Timo Werner. As well as looking at a new keeper, Frank Lampard's side are also reportedly closing in on €100m rated Bayer Leverkusen and Germany midfielder Kai Havertz.
Van de Beek agrees United deal
Manchester United have agreed a fee to sign Ajax star Donny van de Beek, according to The Guardian and widespread reports.
Van de Beek has been linked to United, Barcelona and Real Madrid, while Tottenham were also reportedly interested.
But United are set to complete their first serious transfer ahead of the 2020-21 season in a deal reportedly worth £35.7m (€40m) plus add-ons.
Chelsea spree not finished yet
Sandro Tonali to AC Milan, confirmed and it’s a done deal: here we go! Agreement reached for a loan with buy option from Brescia. Personal terms agreed today. Inter are out of the race after having an agreement with Tonali since April. @SkySport @DiMarzio @PeppeDiSte #Milan— Fabrizio Romano (@FabrizioRomano) August 30, 2020
- Chelsea are close to signing Bayer Leverkusen star Kai Havertz, reports Sport Bild. Fabrizio Romano, meanwhile, says it is only a matter of time before the Germany international completes a €100m (£89m) switch.
- Sandro Tonali will join Milan, claims Romano. The Brescia sensation had been tipped to move to Inter, however, Milan are set to sign Tonali on an initial loan deal.
- Calciomercato reports Juventus want to sell Douglas Costa amid links to United. New head coach Andrea Pirlo wants to overhaul his squad.
- La Gazzetta dello Sport says Barça are considering Lazio striker Ciro Immobile as a replacement for Luis Suárez, who has been linked to Juve. Immobile finished as Serie A's top goalscorer last season.
- According to Super Deporte, Valencia are considering a move for Arsenal outcast Matteo Guendouzi.
- Barça are working on reuniting Liverpool star Georginio Wijnaldum with former Netherlands boss Ronald Koeman, says Mundo Deportivo. Koeman will lead Barça after leaving his international post to replace Quique Setien.
- The Mirror claims Liverpool are ready to make an offer for Watford's Ismaila Sarr, who is valued at £40m.
- Antonio Conte has requested Inter sign N'Golo Kanté from Chelsea, says Tuttomercatoweb. Inter are reportedly hoping to land the Frenchman initially on loan with the option to buy. It comes as Inter look to raise funds through the sales of players like Roberto Gagliardini, Matias Vecino and Marcelo Brozovic.
- Journalist Fredrik A.N. Filtvedt claims United are interested in Bayern Munich midfielder Thiago Alcântara. Liverpool have been tipped to sign the Spaniard.
Te recomendamos en English
- SERIE A Cristiano angers Juventus team mates by skipping training to go shopping for a Ferrari
- PREMIER LEAGUE Klopp congratulates Pep on Manchester City success
- REAL MADRID Real Madrid: Marcelo ruled out of Granada trip
- US News Fourth stimulus check: updates on new relief bill negotiation in Congress
- Coronavirus Can kids between the ages of 12-15 get a covid-19 vaccine?
- US News Colonial Pipeline: Which states are suffering gas shortages and what has caused it?