Zlatan at Shamrock Rovers, Mourinho's Spurs go to Plovdiv
A host of big names were drawn away from home in the Europa League on Monday, with Milan at Ireland's Shamrock Rovers and Spurs at Plovdiv.
AC Milan have been drawn away to Shamrock Rovers in the second round of Europa League qualifying, while Tottenham face a long trip to Lokomotiv Plovdiv.
Serie A giants Milan and José Mourinho's Spurs are among the big names entering the competition at this stage.
And in Monday's draw, the pick of the ties pitted Milan - who are set to renew Zlatan Ibrahimovic's contract - against Irish outfit Rovers.
Rovers' Juventus experience
Rovers' only previous experience against Italian opposition was in a 3-0 aggregate defeat to Juventus in 2010-11, but they will host seven-time European Cup winners Milan in a one-legged tie.
Tottenham are away in Bulgaria, meanwhile, disrupting the start of their Premier League campaign with the long trip to Plovdiv.
Rangers are also away, visiting Gibraltar's Lincoln Red Imps where rivals Celtic lost in 2016-17, although the Scottish side progressed over two legs on that occasion.
Copenhagen, who reached the quarter-finals in 2019-20 before losing to Manchester United, will make the trip to Goteborg in Sweden.
Wolfsburg, Galatasaray and Basel are each away to Kukesi, Neftci and Osijek respectively.
The ties will be played on September 17, with the qualifying third round draw taking place in advance on September 1.
Te recomendamos en English
- REAL MADRID Butragueño: "Everyone knows what Zidane means to us"
- SCOTLAND Rafa Benítez linked to Celtic job, on his return to Europe
- OLYMPIC GAMES Rapinoe: "I'd be 'devastated if the Tokyo Olympics are cancelled"
- UFC Khabib tells Dana White: "I'm so many levels above these guys"
- UFC UFC 257: McGregor hits back at critical Khabib after Poirier loss
- US NEWS $1,400 third stimulus check live updates today: Biden executive order, who will get and when to expect it