Neymar tests positive for coronavirus
PSG released a statement confirming that three players have tested positive for Covid-19, they are Brazilian striker, along with Di María and Paredes.
PSG has confirmed on Twitter three cases of Covid-19 in their squad. Although not confirmed by PSG the players are Ángel Di María, Leandro Paredes and Neymar, as reported by L'Equipe.
Trois joueurs du @PSG_inside sont confirmés positifs au test Sars CoV2 et sont soumis au protocole sanitaire approprié.— Paris Saint-Germain (@PSG_inside) September 2, 2020
L’ensemble des joueurs et du staff continueront à réaliser des tests pendant les prochains jours.
The French outfit have applied the applicable coronavirus safety protocol and the players are being placed in quarantine to avoid further infections.
PSG asked for match postponement
Having been beaten 1-0 in the final of the Champions League by Bayern Munich, PSG asked the French League to postpone their second match day game also from Saturday 29 August at 21:00 to Thursday 10 October.
PSG said the reason for the postponement was to give their players time to rest after playing three games in 10 days in the Champions League, however, players, including Neymar, Di María and Paredes took the opportunity to extend their holidays in Ibiza, where they appear to have become infected with Covid-19.
Te recomendamos en English
- EUROPEAN SUPER LEAGUE The new Super League is born: all the details of the announcement
- EUROPEAN SUPER LEAGUE European Super League: 20 teams, two leagues of 10, knockout stages – the controversial competition's format
- FOOTBALL European Super League, live updates: reaction, participating clubs, UEFA statement... | Latest news
- TOTTENHAM HOTSPUR Jose Mourinho sacked by Tottenham Hotspur
- US NEWS Fourth stimulus check live updates: child tax credit date, plus up payments in third check, how to claim
- US NEWS How to get Covid-19 a vaccine appointment in Florida?