Gio Reyna is ready to make USMNT debut
On the back of an impressive pre-season with Borussia Dortmund, Gio Reyna was called up to the USMNT and is ready to make his debut, according to coach Gregg Berhalter.
On 18 January of this year, Gio Reyna made his debut for Borussia Dortmund and became the youngest American (17 years and 66 days) to appear in the Bundesliga, breaking the record previously held by his fellow young compatriot Christian Pulisic. Since then the son of Claudio Reyna, a former USMNT international, has become a key player for Dortmund coach Lucien Favre.
Reyna had a great pre-season with Dortmund, scoring four goals in three games, and his recent performances have led to his first call-up to the USMNT coached by Gregg Belhalter. The United States was scheduled to play Wales and Netherlands in friendlies but both games were cancelled due to the pandemic.
“Gio hasn’t yet played a senior international match because our friendlies with Holland and Wales in March were cancelled due to the coronavirus pandemic, but he’ll get a chance in our next game, that is very clear,” explained Belhalter.
No upcoming games for the USMNT
Currently the United States has no scheduled friendlies due to the outbreak. After joining the USMNT training camp, Reyna could return to the pitch on Monday when Dortmund play against Sparta Rotterdam in another pre-season friendly.
Te recomendamos en English
- NBA NBA Draft Lottery: What time is it, TV channel, and how to watch it online today?
- NBA When was the last time the Bucks were in the Eastern NBA Conference Finals?
- US NEWS What is a primary election?
- US NEWS When are the NYC mayor elections held?
- Olympic Games How much do Olympic medals cost?
- US NEWS Fourth stimulus check live updates: can it be approved in June? Tax refund, $3,600 Child Tax Credit portal...