Liverpool and Manchester United eyeing Barcelona's Griezmann
Liverpool and Manchester United are reportedly targeting Antoine Griezmann while Kalidou Koulibaly could also be set for the Premier League.
After Leo Messi confirmed he could be staying at Barcelona for the 2020-21 season, Antoine Griezmann's future suddenly seems less clear despite the France international receiving the backing of Ronald Koeman.
Griezmann endured a difficult first season at Barça following his arrival from Atlético Madrid and Liverpool and Manchester United are reoprtedly among the teams who could be eyeing a move for the Frenchman.
Liverpool and United looking at Griezmann
Liverpool and Manchester United are eyeing Barcelona forward Antoine Griezmann, according to the Daily Mail.
Griezmann had reportedly been promised a leading role by new head coach Ronald Koeman had Lionel Messi left the club, but Barça's captain will remain at Camp Nou in 2020-21.
With Messi saying put, Premier League champions Liverpool, United and Arsenal are believed to be considering moves for Griezmann.
City in pole position for Koulibaly
- The Guardian claims Manchester City are preparing a second bid for Napoli centre-back Kalidou Koulibaly. Pep Guardiola's City are hopeful they can find a compromise as United also reportedly eye the star defender.
- Sunday's La Gazzetta Sportiva is dominated by Barcelona pair Luis Suárez and Arturo Vidal. Suárez is poised to join Serie A champions Juventus, while Vidal is set to move to Antonio Conte's Inter.
- While Suárez is reportedly close to swapping Barca for Juve, the Italian giants are considering alternatives if the deal falls through. AS says Juve are weighing up Atlético Madrid's Álvaro Morata, while Roma's Edin Dzeko and former Paris Saint-Germain forward Edinson Cavani have also been linked.
- According to Le10 Sport, Rennes are in discussions with Inter defender Diego Godín. The 34-year-old just finished his first season in Milan.
- Milan remain one of the most active teams in the transfer market. Calciomercarto reports the Rossoneri have held talks with agent Fali Ramadani regarding Fiorentina defender Nikola Milenkovic, while Real Madrid forward Luka Jovic is still of interest to the club.
- Norwegian journalist Fredrik A.N. Filtvedt says United manager Ole Gunnar Solskjaer had spoken to Borussia Dortmund's Jadon Sancho many times and the England international wants to leave for Old Trafford.
Te recomendamos en English
- CORONAVIRUS IRS phone number: how can I talk to a real person on the helpline?
- CORONAVIRUS Coronavirus USA live updates: cases, deaths and stimulus checks, latest news
- US NEWS Houston close schools as Storm Beta approaches
- Hurricanes Tropical Storm Beta: why is the Greek alphabet used to name hurricanes?
- Coronavirus Second stimulus check: Democrats and Republicans look to strike deal on payment
- Coronavirus How many coronavirus cases are there in Sweden without lockdown?