SPAIN - UKRAINE
Ansu Fati makes history as youngest Spain goalscorer
After winning an early penalty for his national team against the Ukraine, Fati comfortably unseated the late Juan Errazquin, who had held the record for 95 years.
Ansu Fati has made yet more history, becoming Spain's youngest ever goalscorer.
Barcelona star sets another record
The Spanish national team forward Ansu Fati, 17, became his country's youngest ever goalscorer by netting against Ukraine in the UEFA Nations League on Sunday. Fati, who, scarily, only turns 18 on 31 October, hit his first goal for his country to make it 3-0 in the 32nd minute with a superb strike from outside the area which went in off the post.
◾ Youngest ever scorer in the Champions League ✅— ESPN FC (@ESPNFC) September 6, 2020
◾ Youngest ever scorer for Barcelona in La Liga ✅
◾ Youngest ever scorer for Spain ✅
Ansu Fati is a special talent 🙌 pic.twitter.com/6IRdlEP831
Fati had also earned a penalty at the start of the game which led to Sergio Ramos giving Spain the lead from the spot in the third minute. Ramos also scored Spain's second goal, heading home in the 29th minute.
Fati comfortably unseats the late Juan Errazquin, who had held the title as Spain's youngest goalscorer for 95 years, scoring his first goal against Switzerland in 1925 at the age of 18 years and 344 days.
Barcelona forward Fati became his club's youngest ever goalscorer in La Liga last year with a goal against Osasuna and also became the youngest ever scorer in the history of the Champions League by netting against Inter Milan in December. Fati, who was born in Guinea-Bissau but moved to Seville in Spain aged six with his family, became Spain's youngest player in 84 years when he made his debut in last Thursday's 1-1 draw away to Germany.
Te recomendamos en English
- US News Golden State Stimulus: What is it, who approved it, and how does it differ from federal stimulus check?
- NBA Lakers vs Suns live online: scores, stats, highlights, updates...
- REAL MADRID 2-2 SEVILLA Zidane slams referee after controversial Sevilla penalty
- US News What states are ending pandemic-related unemployment benefits?
- LIGUE 1 PSG title chances dented by draw away to Rennes
- US News Do you need to work to claim the child tax credit?