Arsenal's Héctor Bellerín invests in League Two club
Héctor Bellerín has become the second-largest shareholder of League Two side Forest Green Rovers, recognised by Fifa as the world’s greenest club.
Arsenal defender Héctor Bellerín has invested in Forest Green Rovers, becoming the League Two club's second-largest shareholder.
The Spanish full-back is eager to support Rovers' green agenda, with the club having gained recognition as the world's most environmentally friendly team from FIFA and the United Nations (UN).
Leading the way
"Forest Green are showing others the way," Bellerín told the club's official website.
"So many people feel there's no solution to the world's problems, but Forest Green are already doing plenty.
"I'm so excited to be part of the FGR family. I'll be helping where I can, supporting people who want to change the world for the better."
Vegans five years
Rovers went vegan in 2015 and were certified carbon neutral by the UN three years later.
In June, Bellerín pledged to plant 3,000 trees for every game Arsenal won for the remainder of the 2019-20 season.
The full-back partnered with global charity 'One Tree Planted', highlighting his passion for environmental issues.
Promoting sustainability in the world of football
Bellerín is a vegan, something he shares in common with Rovers owner Dale Vince, and the 25-year-old lauded the club's work.
"Forest Green Rovers prove to clubs who say they don't have resources to be sustainable that it is possible," he said.
"With the new stadium, being carbon neutral and vegan, the club is doing some mind-blowing work.
"People have a universal love of football, so there's no better industry to promote sustainability – and what we can do as football supporters to be more environmentally conscious."
Te recomendamos en English
- Halloween What is the history and meaning of Halloween?
- DISNEY+ The Mandalorian Season 2: how many episodes and when are they released on Disney+?
- US Election 2020 What's Biden's plan for Medicare?
- Coronavirus Main Street Lending Program: what changes did Federal Reserve make to small business loans?
- US Election 2020 How many votes did Trump get in Florida in the 2016 presidential election?
- US Election 2020 What's Biden's plan for the economy, stimulus and unemployment?