Napoli president tests positive for Covid-19 after Serie A meeting
Aurelio De Laurentiis attended a Lega Serie A assembly on Wednesday and was confirmed as having coronavirus on Thursday.
Napoli president Aurelio De Laurentiis has tested positive for coronavirus, the club announced on Thursday.
De Laurentiis attended a Lega Serie A general assembly in Milan on Wednesday, meaning other club bosses may be forced to quarantine ahead of the new season.
It was the first physical gathering organised by the league following months of virtual meetings during the coronavirus pandemic.
A Napoli statement read: "SSC Napoli announces that president Aurelio De Laurentiis tested positive for COVID-19 following the swab carried out yesterday."
The 2020-21 campaign is due to begin on September 19, with Napoli in action at Parma the following day.
Te recomendamos en English
- BORUSSIA M. 2 - REAL MADRID 2 Real Madrid: Benzema hits out at Vinícius, according to Téléfoot
- Barcelona aiming to end Juventus hoodoo, Mbappe eyes more away-day joy – Champions League in Opta numbers
- European Super League European Super League: a "hostile takeover" of Champions League
- FOOTBALL Manchester United to move for Leipzig's Upamecano - rumour has it
- MLB Dodgers beat Rays to end 32-year World Series drought
- US ELECTIONS 2020 Who are the candidates for 2020 US Elections besides Trump and Biden?