Atlético Madrid and Luis Suárez locked in talks
According to Deportes Cuatro, the Uruguayan striker prefers the Atleti option over a move to Juventus with the club from the capital now in talks with the player's agent.
According to Spanish television outlet Deportes Cuatro, Luis Suárez is on Atlético's radar with the current Barcelona player preferring the option of moving to the Spanish capital over that of a move to Serie A side Juventus. Cuatro add that the Uruguayan will be able to leave Barça on a free transfer and both sides have started a negotiation process over a potential signing.
Luis Suárez joins a series of strikers that Simeone's side has been linked with over the past few days, joining the likes of Lacazette, De Tomás and Cavani. The French player has two years outstanding on his current deal with Arsenal and that could prove a stumbling block.De Tomás is another solid candidate following Espanyol's relegation with the Spaniard anxious to remain in the top flight with Cavani's name still linked with the "Colchoneros" after a frustrated bid last winter to bring the forward to Madrid from PSG.
Before Atleti can bring in a new forward, it's imperative that a striker makes for the exit door with Diego Costa being a firm favourite for a departure with a price of 20 million euro attached to the striker's signature.
Te recomendamos en English
- CORONAVIRUS IRS phone number: how can I talk to a real person on the helpline?
- CORONAVIRUS Coronavirus USA live updates: cases, deaths and stimulus checks, latest news
- US NEWS Houston close schools as Storm Beta approaches
- Hurricanes Tropical Storm Beta: why is the Greek alphabet used to name hurricanes?
- Coronavirus Second stimulus check: Democrats and Republicans look to strike deal on payment
- Coronavirus How many coronavirus cases are there in Sweden without lockdown?