Tuchel gives update on Neymar and Di María ahead of Olympique Marseille clash
Paris Saint-Germain have looked a little off-colour without Neymar and Angel Di María but both could miss Sunday's visit from Olympique Marseille.
Neymar and Ángel Di María remain doubtful to return for Paris Saint-Germain in Sunday's Classique against Olympique Marseille, head coach Thomas Tuchel said. The pair were among a large contingent of players to miss the Ligue 1 champions' opening-game loss to recently-promoted Lens on Thursday after contracting coronavirus.
PSG looking for first win
With Mauro Icardi and Kylian Mbappé also among those to miss out, PSG slipped to a 1-0 defeat with Tuchel later saying a draw was about the best his side – whose campaign was also delayed because they reached the Champions League final – could have hoped for. Following the game, Tuchel was asked if PSG may have more options for the clash with fierce rivals Marseille but says the limited training Neymar or Di María would have makes their availability unclear.
"I do not know exactly. If possible, a few players could play. But if they play, they would only have a leg work out," Tuchel said. "What are we going to do? We can give a few minutes. If Neymar, Di María play, yes, but they would play after two weeks without training too. Physically, I can't wait for them to be the decisive guys. It's always risky. We have to talk with the players, the doctors too."
Te recomendamos en English
- GOLF | AUGUSTA MASTERS 2021 Augusta Masters 2021 Day 3 live online | scores and leaderboard | Matsuyama leads at -11
- CORONAVIRUS STIMULUS CHECKS Third stimulus check: until when will the new "plus-up" payments be sent?
- REAL MADRID 2 - 1 BARCELONA Real Madrid ratings in Clásico against Barcelona
- EL CLÁSICO Real Madrid ahead of Barcelona in Clásicos won: 98-96
- LALIGA SANTANDER Real Madrid - Barcelona: what are their next matches and how many points are left?
- US NEWS Third stimulus check live updates: is a fourth payment coming, expected dates, plus-up payments, tracker