Koeman hands Messi captain's armband for Nastic friendly
FC Barcelona played their first pre-season match in the Catalan capital on Saturday with 2B side Nastic from neighbouring city Tarragona providing the opposition.
Ronald Koeman oversaw his first game as FC Barcelona coach on Saturday as they faced 2B side Nastic from Tarragona in a pre-season preparatory match.
All eyes were on Leo Messi on Saturday after the Argentine initially stated that he wanted to leave the Camp Nou outfit only to make a u-turn last week. With both the striker and Koeman realising that the best solution is to work together, today, the Argentine sported the captain's armband for the Nastic friendly.
And the 2020/21 preseason is underway! #BarçaNastic— FC Barcelona (@FCBarcelona) September 12, 2020
Messi played for the first 45 minutes at the Estadio Johan Cruyff with Barcelona winning 3-1 on the night with Griezmann Coutinho and Dembélé scoring for Barça.
Te recomendamos en English
- ENTERTAINMENT Helen McCrory dies: what where her most famous roles? Peaky Blinders, Harry Potter...
- US NEWS Shooting at FedEx warehouse in Indianapolis leaves eight dead
- NFL NFL Draft 2021 top prospects: the 10 best players
- CORONAVIRUS Will a third vaccine dose for covid-19 be needed in the future?
- CORONAVIRUS STIMULUS CHECK How many people have received their third stimulus checks?
- CORONAVIRUS STIMULUS CHECKS Fourth stimulus check: how are negotiations going and when will it be discussed in the Senate?