ATLÉTICO DE MADRID
Diego Simeone tests positive for coronavirus
Atlético Madrid head coach Diego Simeone has tested positive for coronavirus, the club has confirmed.
Atlético Madrid head coach Diego Simeone has tested positive for coronavirus, the club has confirmed. The Argentine was absent from today's training session and is isolated at home and asymptomatic.
Simeone will have to remain in quarantine. He was the only one to test positive in the entire staff. Simeone tested negative last Thursday and they repeated the test on Friday.
Atlético begin their league campaign on September 27 against Granada, as they have played in European competition and their match against Sevilla was postponed.
The first team, coaching staff and club members underwent PCR tests on Friday as soon as they returned from the training camp in Los Angeles de San Rafael after a positive test was detected in a staff member in the previous tests carried out on Thursday. The analysis of these new samples in the laboratory has determined that our coach, Diego Pablo Simeone, has tested positive Covid-19. Fortunately, our coach does not present any symptoms and is at his home isolated and fulfilling the corresponding quarantine protocols.
Te recomendamos en English
- US Election 2020 USA Election 2020: is it mandatory to vote and can I be fined?
- US Election 2020 What's Trump's plan to improve the economy, provide stimulus and lower unemployment?
- US Election 2020 USA Election 2020: what does a ballot look like?
- Coronavirus Stimulus Check Second stimulus check: could it be higher than $1,200?
- UNITED STATES USA elections 2020 live online updates: Trump - Biden, polls, stimulus checks, latest news
- CORONAVIRUS USA coronavirus live online updates: cases, deaths, stimulus checks and latest news