Neymar sees red as Marseille win 'the battle of Paris'
A first half goal from Florian Thauvin was enough to secure maximum points for Andre Villas-Boas' side in a game marred by a late flurry of red cards.
It was Marseille's first league win over PSG since November 2011, condemning last season's Champions League runners-up to their second straight league defeat after they suffered a 1-0 opening day setback at Lens.
Florian Thauvin bagged the only goal of the night latching onto a 31st minute dead ball to slot past Sergio Rico in the PSG goal. Littered by crunching fouls at either end in the first half, the game produced some free-flowing football after the break as visiting keeper Steve Mandanda pulled off several superb saves and both sides had goals disallowed for offside.
- "Racism No": Neymar accuses Marseille's Alvaro of racism
- Álvaro denies Neymar's racism accusations
- Villas-Boas fires back at Tuchel after 'lottery' claims
- Leonardo on PSG players: "we lost our minds"
- Tuchel not happy with reaction as PSG boss calls for new signings
- Neymar sees red as Marseille win 'the battle of Paris'
Neymar Jr was back in the PSG side after recovering from Covid-19 and the Brazilian marred his multi million dollar Puma debut by being one of five players sent off in added time. Neymar slapped a OM player and joined team-mates Paredes, Kurzawa and Olympique's Benedetto and Amavi who were all dismissed after scuffles broke out at the end of a tense and bad tempered Ligue 1 encounter.
Te recomendamos en English
- EURO 2020 Why is Sergio Ramos not in Spain squad?
- EURO 2020 Who plays today in European Championship? Monday 14 June: games, times, TV, schedule...
- EURO 2020 Denmark's Eriksen thanks life-savers and vows to understand what caused cardiac arrest
- Copa America Brazil's Tite hails Neymar but stops short of Ronaldo and Romario comparisons
- US NEWS Fourth stimulus check live updates: is it coming in June? Tax refund status, homeowner stimulus check, child tax payment...
- US NEWS G7 summit recap: what did Joe Biden say about meeting Queen Elizabeth?