"Racism No": Neymar accuses Marseille's Álvaro of racism during heated Classique
PSG striker Neymar accused Álvaro González of racism during a heated Classique affair, after which the Brazil star tweeted that he regretted not hitting "this asshole".
Le Classique between PSG and Marseille is normally a heated occassion. But Sunday’s frantic affair was hotter than most, with five players men off at the end of the game following a clash involving several players from both clubs.
A staggering fourteen yellow cards were also handed out during the match, which Marseille won 1-0 to secure their first victory over PSG in Paris since 2011.
The unsavoury behaviour began well before half time, with PSG star Neymar getting involved in a spat with Marseille’s Álvaro González that ended with the Brazilian accusing the Spaniard of racism.
Neymar Jr. has spoken following his dismissal in this evening’s Le Classique (#PSGOM) as he addresses the reported racism he faced from Marseille defender Álvaro González.— Football Ollie (@FootballOllie) September 13, 2020
“The only regret I have is for not being in the face of this asshole” pic.twitter.com/iPMHdQ80VC
Neymar shouts "Racism, No" after incident with Álvaro
As Neymar approached the sideline to confront the Marseille bench and the referee after the incident with Álvaro, a TV microphone picked up the Brazilian saying, “Racism, no, Racism, No,” as he pointed at the Marseille player.
- "Racism No": Neymar accuses Marseille's Álvaro of racism
- Álvaro denies Neymar's racism accusations
- Villas-Boas fires back at Tuchel after 'lottery' claims
- Leonardo on PSG players: "we lost our minds"
- Tuchel not happy with reaction as PSG boss calls for new signings
- Neymar sees red as Marseille win 'the battle of Paris'
Later, after being one of the five players sent off deep into injury time, Neymar again claimed he was racially abused, addressing the assistant referee as he walked off the pitch. “There was a racist comment there, that’s why I did it," he could be heard telling the assistant.
Really important French league properly investigate Neymar's complaints of racism. Did such a horrendously bad job of dealing with the abuse Balotelli received at Nice & a repeat would be intolerable.— Andy Brassell (@andybrassell) September 13, 2020
Neymar says he regrets not hitting González
According to Get France Football News, Téléfoot Chaine reporter Gregoire Margotton, one of France’s most respected football journalists, later claimed that Álvaro told Neymar: “Shut your mouth, dirty monkey.” Though GFFN states that those claims are yet to be verified.
Whatever was said, the incident has clearly left Neymar incensed, with the Brazilian striker tweeting he regrets not having hit Álvaro during the game.
Único arrependimento que tenho é por não ter dado na cara desse babaca— Neymar Jr (@neymarjr) September 13, 2020
"The only regret I have is not hitting this asshole in the face,” wrote the PSG star in what is seemingly a reference to Álvaro, who, for his part, has reportedly, accused Angel Di María of spitting on him.
Te recomendamos en English
- GAMING Where to buy PS5: stock updates at Walmart, Costco, GameStop Kohls, Best Buy, Target, Amazon...
- US NEWS $300 unemployment benefits: are there new proposals to extend them?
- Liga MX Chivas vs Leon live online: Liga MX Playoffs Semifinal Leg 1
- US News What stimulus and executive actions does Biden plan for his first 100 days?
- PSG Neymar: What I want most is to play with Messi again
- NBA NBA 2020-21 season: Lakers-Clippers clash, Durant's Warriors reunion headline opening night