Álvaro denies Neymar's racism accusations
Álvaro hit back at Neymar after being accused of racism following Marseille's win over Paris Saint-Germain.
Marseille defender Álvaro said there was "no place for racism" as he denied accusations aimed at him by Paris Saint-Germain star Neymar.
Álvaro: 'No place for racism'
Neymar was sent off for hitting Alvaro in additional time in PSG's 1-0 loss to Marseille in a fiery Le Classique in Paris on Sunday.
- "Racism No": Neymar accuses Marseille's Alvaro of racism
- Álvaro denies Neymar's racism accusations
- Villas-Boas fires back at Tuchel after 'lottery' claims
- Leonardo on PSG players: "we lost our minds"
- Tuchel not happy with reaction as PSG boss calls for new signings
- Neymar sees red as Marseille win 'the battle of Paris'
The Brazil star later wrote on Twitter he regretted not hitting Álvaro in the face, and followed up by saying he had been called a "monkey motherf*****".
But Álvaro dismissed allegations of racism in a post of his own on Twitter.
"There is no place for racism," he wrote.
No existe lugar para el racismo. Carrera limpia y con muchos compañeros y amigos en el día a día. A veces hay que aprender a perder y asumirlo en el campo. Increibles 3 puntos hoy. Allez l’OM Gracias familia pic.twitter.com/4DuUT1PT0x— Álvaro González (@AlvaroGonzalez_) September 13, 2020
"Clean race and with many colleagues and friends on a daily basis. Sometimes you have to learn to lose and take it on the field.
"Incredible three points today."
Leandro Paredes, Layvin Kurzawa, Jordan Amavi and Dario Benedetto were also sent off in additional time.
Florian Thauvin's goal was enough for Marseille to win 1-0, condemning PSG to a second defeat to begin the Ligue 1 season.
Te recomendamos en English
- Coronavirus Stimulus Checks Third stimulus check passed in Senate updates: who qualifies, how much, when will the payment arrive, Biden signs | Live
- AMERICAN RESCUE PLAN Why are unemployment benefits changing from $400 to $300?
- CORONAVIRUS STIMULUS CHECKS Third stimulus check passed in the Senate: when is voting in the House of Representatives?
- US NEWS Child tax credit - $3000 or $3600: how much will it be per child?
- STIMULUS CHECKS Third stimulus check passed: when will it be sent out and how much?
- US NEWS Third stimulus check passed: when will Biden sign it?