Sevilla sign Acuña from Sporting CP as replacement for Reguilón
Sevilla hoped to re-sign Sergio Reguilón from Real Madrid but appear to have ended their interest by bringing in Sporting CP's Marcos Acuña.
Sevilla have signed Marcos Acuña from Sporting Clube de Portugal which seems to have put an end their interest in Real Madrid left-back Sergio Reguilón.
Reguilón excelled on loan with Sevilla last season and the Europa League winners had hoped to bring him on a new loan deal for the 2020-21 campaign. However, sporting director Monchi conceded last week his side would likely miss out on the 23-year-old, who is also a reported target for Manchester United. And on Monday the LaLiga outfit confirmed the arrival of Argentina international Acuña on a four-year deal for a reported upfront fee of €10million.
Sevilla's new recruits
Acuña spent three seasons with Sporting, making 134 appearances for the Portuguese giants in all competitions. He becomes Sevilla's fifth signing of the window following deals for Ivan Rakitic, Óscar Rodríguez, Yassine Bounou and Suso, the latter two making their loan moves permanent.
Te recomendamos en English
- REAL MADRID Potential Madrid presidential election could influence summer signings
- COPA DEL REY Copa del Rey: Messi striving to save Barça's season as chaos reigns
- NBA NBA round-up: LeBron not enough as Suns sizzle against Lakers
- FOOTBALL Ibrahimovic makes Sanremo festival debut: "I have been the best on this stage"
- LeBron not enough as Suns sizzle against Lakers, Beal sets Wizards record
- STIMULUS CHECKS Third stimulus check updates today: when will Senate vote on it? | When it is coming & IRS tax return | Live