Sevilla sign Acuña from Sporting CP as replacement for Reguilón
Sevilla hoped to re-sign Sergio Reguilón from Real Madrid but appear to have ended their interest by bringing in Sporting CP's Marcos Acuña.
Sevilla have signed Marcos Acuña from Sporting Clube de Portugal which seems to have put an end their interest in Real Madrid left-back Sergio Reguilón.
Reguilón excelled on loan with Sevilla last season and the Europa League winners had hoped to bring him on a new loan deal for the 2020-21 campaign. However, sporting director Monchi conceded last week his side would likely miss out on the 23-year-old, who is also a reported target for Manchester United. And on Monday the LaLiga outfit confirmed the arrival of Argentina international Acuña on a four-year deal for a reported upfront fee of €10million.
Sevilla's new recruits
Acuña spent three seasons with Sporting, making 134 appearances for the Portuguese giants in all competitions. He becomes Sevilla's fifth signing of the window following deals for Ivan Rakitic, Óscar Rodríguez, Yassine Bounou and Suso, the latter two making their loan moves permanent.
Te recomendamos en English
- EURO 2020 Who plays today in the European Championship? Sunday 20 June: games, times, TV, schedule...
- NBA NBA playoffs 2021: Bucks stun Nets in overtime to take conference final spot
- BASEBALL Red Sox jump to first place, Padres win without Tatis
- NBA When was the last time the Clippers were in the NBA conference finals?
- NBA When was the last time the Suns were in the NBA Conference finals?
- ALFREDO RELAÑO Another failure for Spain in both areas