Barcelona and Real Madrid target Lautaro Martínez staying at Inter, says agent
Barcelona and Real Madrid continue to be linked with Lautaro Martínez but the player's agent has reiterated he will not be leaving Inter Milan.
Lautaro Martínez will remain at Inter Milan in spite of rumoured interest from Real Madrid and Barcelona, the player's agent Carlos Alberto Yaqué has stated.
Barcelona have been strongly linked with the Argentina international for a number of months, while LaLiga rivals Madrid have also recently been credited with an interest. A couple of members of Martínez's entourage were seen entering Inter's headquarters on Monday, with reports in Italy suggesting Madrid had a bid accepted over the weekend.
Lautaro staying put
However, agent Beto Yaqué insisted it was a routine meeting and the 23-year-old will remain at San Siro beyond the end of the transfer window. "It was just a courtesy visit, that is all," he told Tuttomercatoweb. "There is nothing with Real Madrid and Barcelona. Lautaro is staying here at Inter."
Martínez scored 21 goals in all competitions as Inter finished second in Serie A and reached the Europa League final last season. His 111 million euro release clause expired in July and he has three more years to run on his existing contract.
Te recomendamos en English
- CORONAVIRUS IRS phone number: how can I talk to a real person on the helpline?
- CORONAVIRUS Coronavirus USA live updates: cases, deaths and stimulus checks, latest news
- US NEWS Houston close schools as Storm Beta approaches
- Hurricanes Tropical Storm Beta: why is the Greek alphabet used to name hurricanes?
- Coronavirus Second stimulus check: Democrats and Republicans look to strike deal on payment
- Coronavirus How many coronavirus cases are there in Sweden without lockdown?