Christoph Metzelder admits possessing child pornography
Reports in 'Der Spiegel' cite a court hearing in Düsseldorf. 'Bild' claim that 297 child pornography photographs were found on his mobile phone.
Former Real Madrid and Germany player Christoph Metzelder has confessed being in possession of and distributing pornographic images of children, for which he is under investigation, according to reports in Der Spiegel.
Der Spiegel referred to a court hearing in Düsseldorf during which Metzelder, on interrogation, admitted the charges. Sensationalist German daily Bild reports in their digital edition that 297 pornographic images of children were found on the ex-player's mobile phone. Metzelder is alleged to have sent several of the images to three women through WhatsApp.
The public prosecutor in Düsseldof presented a formal accusation on 4 September, although without naming the suspect. German media although the identity as suspicions about Metzelder came to light in other reports in Bild some time ago. From the court hearing, it can be deduced that the person who is at the centre of the investigation has admitted the charges presented against him, both Der Spiegel and Bild concur.
Police recently searched premises connected to Metzelder and seized several objects including a mobile phone and a computer. It was suspected that Metzelder was not only in possession of child pornography images but had also passed them on to three women. A criminal investigation was opened immediately.
Te recomendamos en English
- Trump vs Biden USA election 2020 presidential debate Trump vs Biden: time, TV and how to watch live online
- CORONAVIRUS Coronavirus USA live updates: cases, deaths and stimulus checks, latest news
- US Election 2020 US Election 2020: when are the presidential debates and how many will there be?
- US $300 unemployment benefits: will there be a new round of payments in October?
- NFL Why are the Raiders being investigated by the NFL?
- CORONAVIRUS Second stimulus check: US Covid-19 relief package update