Gareth Bale completes medical ahead of Tottenham move: #Vamos
According to the Spanish programme, Real Madrid's Welshman has completed his check-up at Valdebebas, although neither club nor agent have yet confirmed.
Following news of the proposed loan move of Gareth Bale from Real Madrid to Tottenham Hotspur, it appears to have progressed rather rapidly. According to Spanish station #Vamos on Wednesday evening, the Welshman completed his medical at the Madrid training facility at Valdebebas prior to a return to his former club. At the time of writing, neither club nor the player or his agent have confirmed this information.
Bale reportedly completes Spurs medical
The negotiation between Madrid and Tottenham has been a smooth one, with the approval of manager José Mourinho being gained. At his recent Europa League press conference the man who used to sit in the Bernabéu dugout reminded everyone that it was actually his idea in the first place to bring Bale to the LaLiga giants.
"I tried to sign him for Real Madrid, which was not possible to do during my time there," Mourinho said. "But the president followed my instinct and followed my knowledge and the season I left he brought Gareth to the club. There is no secret on that. Even Gareth knows that. But I'm not going to speak on that anymore."
Tottenham are expected to pay only half of the gross 30 million euros that Bale collects each season at Madrid with his parent club covering the rest, although Florentino Pérez had been hoping to find a permanent buyer. A fee of some sort should also swap hands. The Welshman has a contract with Los Blancos until 2022, so if the operation takes place under the reported terms (i.e. a one-year loan) he will return to the Spanish capital next summer.
Reguilón on verge of Spurs move
Spurs are also in talks with Madrid over left-back Sergio Reguilón, who is poised to move to England for an initial 30 million euros, signing a contract running until 2025.
Los Merengues have negotiated a 40-million-euro buy-back option lasting for two years.
Te recomendamos en English
- US NEWS What will the new IRS income tax brackets be for 2021?
- Coronavirus stimulus checks IRS extends $500 stimulus check for kids deadline - when is the new date and how do you claim it?
- US ELECTIONS 2020 Who are the candidates for 2020 US Elections besides Trump and Biden?
- US ELECTIONS Will Amish people vote in the 2020 USA Elections?
- CORONAVIRUS USA coronavirus live online updates: cases, deaths, stimulus checks and latest news
- UNITED STATES USA elections 2020 live online updates: Trump - Biden, polls, stimulus checks, latest news