Lusail to be transformed into a community space after Qatar 2022
Plans are afoot to transform Lusail Stadium into a community space after the 2022 tournament, and the site will include schools, cafes, shops, sporting amenities and health clinics.
Work on the Lusail World Cup Stadium is still ongoing with the ground set to host the final match of the 2022 World Cup will be staged. The venue is set to be ready for 2021 as was initially earmarked by the competition organisation body the Supreme committee for Delivery and Legacy (SC).
To date, three World Cup 2022 stadiums have been inaugurated: Al-Khalifa International, Al-Janoub, and Education City with Al-Bayt and Al-Rayyan set to be inaugurated later in 2020. In the meantime construction continues at the remaining venues including Lusail which will be able to hold up to 80,000 spectators making it the venue with the highest possible capacity of all Qatar stadiums.
Lusail Stadium to be Qatar’s biggest tournament venue in 2022https://t.co/Zbw6ccTmt4— Online Qatar (@OnlineQatar3) September 13, 2020
Located in the heart of futuristic Lusail City is the biggest tournament venue of #Qatar 2022, said a tweet by the Supreme Committee for Delivery & Legacy. pic.twitter.com/UsT3QtBRpq
After the tournament it's envisaged that Lusail will become a community destination with the new city set to have schools, shopping centres, cafeterias, sports facilities, and medical centres for the newest city in the Gulf state.
This planning fits in with the original legacy plans originally devised by the Supreme Committee by taking of the tournament and devising projects that enable the infrastructure to be used for the local community. Lusail stadium will feature an exceptional design inspired by the combination of light and shadow with details that reflects the heritage of Arab and Islamic character.
Te recomendamos en English
- US News Covid-19 vaccine in the US live updates: FDA approves Pfizer for 12-15 year olds, side effects, Indian variant...
- US NEWS Fourth stimulus check live updates: $2,000 monthly stimulus, Golden State payment tracker, Child Tax Credit...
- Barcelona - Atlético Madrid Messi and Suárez to face off for first time in title decider
- PREMIER LEAGUE Bale hitting top form as Real Madrid star mulls Spurs stay
- Inter Milan Lautaro: I nearly joined Messi at Barcelona and Real Madrid tried to sign me twice
- REAL MADRID Juventus look to Zidane as replacement for Pirlo