Real Madrid: Gareth Bale's Tottenham loan move confirmed
The Welshman's representatives confirmed the news to Spanish station Cadena SER on Thursday night, and Spurs will pay around only 50% of his wages.
It's confirmed! Gareth Bale will play for Tottenham Hotspur in the 2020/21 season on loan from Real Madrid.
Bale's agent confirms loan move
After a day of long negotiations between the relevant parties, along with the player's agent, Jonathan Barnett, the news was confirmed by his representatives to Spanish station Cadena SER late on Thursday. We still await the official announcement from the clubs.
🚨⚽️ ÚLTIMA HORA | Informa @antonmeana— El Larguero (@ellarguero) September 17, 2020
Los agentes de Bale confirman a @ElLarguero que ya se ha CERRADO la marcha del galés al Tottenham
CESIÓN por 1 año
El club inglés asumirá aproximadamente el 50% del salario de Bale, según sus representantes
23:30 ampliamos en @ElLarguero pic.twitter.com/YuRes5WLMi
Tottenham will only pay half of the player's total wages, which is around 30 million gross, although if he reaches certain objectives then further contributions would be made.
Bale will travel to London tomorrow to officially sign and will be presented for José Mourinho's side.
Te recomendamos en English
- CORONAVIRUS USA coronavirus live: Trump, stimulus checks, cases, deaths, updates today
- PRESIDENTIAL DEBATE What is the lowest minimum wage in the US and what did Trump and Biden say about raising it?
- Coronavirus FDA approves coronavirus drug treatment: how does remdesivir help fight covid-19?
- US Election 2020 What did Trump and Biden say about North Korea, Russia, China and Iran in the debate?
- CLÁSICO Barcelona vs Real Madrid: how and where to watch - times, TV, online
- CLASICO Barcelona vs Real Madrid: Clásico preview, team news, predicted XIs