Official: Gareth Bale completes Tottenham loan deal
The Welshman has officially made his move for a year-long loan to the Premier League side where he made his name, and will play under manager José Mourinho.
It's official: Gareth Bale has completed his one-year loan move to Tottenham Hotspur. The Welshman, who has a contract with Real Madrid until 2022, returns to the club where he exploded onto the scene, playing for the Premier League club between 2007-2013.
Bale is back
Having left for a record-breaking move to Real Madrid seven years ago, he has seen some incredible highs, winning four Champions League titles along with his talented teammates likely the stand out memories. There have been lows too and over recent years his injury problems, inconsistent performances, and his relationship with the various factions at the Spanish club and their fanbase have meant that this move is a burden lifted for Los Blancos.
And the smile is back on Bale’s face. As he arrived in London on Friday, around 100 fans were waiting for him in Enfield. When Bale's car was spotted, the delighted supporters started chanting: "Spurs, Wales and golf, in that order!" (in reference to this), and "Bale, born to play for Spurs!"
Radio and TV shows have had pundits waxing lyrical about his return, remembering fondly his stunning run against Maicon, which caught the world’s attention, and then the goal in the Copa del Rey final against Barcelona and the bicycle kick against Liverpool in the Champions League final. All incredible moments.
Real Madrid wish Bale the best of luck
As expected the year-long loan will have no automatic option to extend and the club’s will split the payment of his €30 million salary equally. The LaLiga club posted the following message:
'Real Madrid C. F. and Tottenham Hotspur FC have agreed to the loan of Gareth Bale for next season, until 30 June, 2021.
Our club wishes the best of luck to a player who is part of one of the most successful periods of our history.'
Te recomendamos en English
- US NEWS Fourth stimulus check live updates: child tax credit date, plus up payments in third check, how to claim
- Unemployment Benefits Why are recipients seeing unemployment benefits cut?
- CORONAVIRUS STIMULUS CHECKS Third stimulus check: how many people are still waiting for it?
- DEREK CHAUVIN TRIAL Derek Chauvin trial: can he appeal the sentence?
- SUPER LEAGUE European Super League: interview Florentino Pérez, ten clubs withdraw, reactions, UEFA, clubs
- EUROPEAN SUPER LEAGUE European Super League: Manchester Utd fans break into training ground in anti-Glazer protest