Arsenal are not in contract talks with Lacazette, confirms Arteta
Arsenal manager Mikel Arteta has made it clear that there were no contract talks underway with Alexandre Lacazette.
Arsenal are yet to begin contract talks with Alexandre Lacazette, manager Mikel Arteta has confirmed. Lacazette is under contract with the Gunners until 2022, but there has been speculation over the forward's future.The Frenchman scored his 50th goal for Arsenal during Saturday's 2-1 win over West Ham at Emirates Stadium. But there have been no talks for the 29-year-old to renew his deal at Arsenal, Arteta told reporters after the match.
"At the moment, we haven't started any negotiations," he said. "We have a lot of things still to do in this market and at the moment we are focusing on those things."
Arteta said he was pleased with Lacazette, who arrived at the club from Olympique Lyon in 2017. "He's a player I'm really happy with. I think we've shown him a lot of faith since I arrived here," he said. "But we cannot start any speculation. We know that any player who is under two years of their contract is always going to be talked about."
Te recomendamos en English
- Coronavirus Stimulus Check Second stimulus check: what’s in the GOP bill to be voted on this week?
- Coronavirus stimulus checks Second stimulus check: US coronavirus relief bill update
- Coronavirus Stimulus Check What have Biden and Trump said about second stimulus check?
- Premier League Man Utd and Liverpool in European Premier League talks - report
- Inter Milan Conte: Inter better prepared to contend in Champions League
- CHAMPIONS LEAGUE Ramos ruled out of Real Madrid's Champions League opener