Arsenal are not in contract talks with Lacazette, confirms Arteta
Arsenal manager Mikel Arteta has made it clear that there were no contract talks underway with Alexandre Lacazette.
Arsenal are yet to begin contract talks with Alexandre Lacazette, manager Mikel Arteta has confirmed. Lacazette is under contract with the Gunners until 2022, but there has been speculation over the forward's future.The Frenchman scored his 50th goal for Arsenal during Saturday's 2-1 win over West Ham at Emirates Stadium. But there have been no talks for the 29-year-old to renew his deal at Arsenal, Arteta told reporters after the match.
"At the moment, we haven't started any negotiations," he said. "We have a lot of things still to do in this market and at the moment we are focusing on those things."
Arteta said he was pleased with Lacazette, who arrived at the club from Olympique Lyon in 2017. "He's a player I'm really happy with. I think we've shown him a lot of faith since I arrived here," he said. "But we cannot start any speculation. We know that any player who is under two years of their contract is always going to be talked about."
Te recomendamos en English
- USWNT vs Colombia USWNT vs Colombia: women’s soccer, friendly match
- UFC What was outcome of the last Conor McGregor UFC fight?
- LALIGA Alavés vs Real Madrid: how and where to watch - times, TV, online
- UFC UFC 257: McGregor "raring to go" as he and Poirier make weight
- NFL What are Aaron Rodgers & Tom Brady records? Super Bowl appearances, titles, completions...
- NFL Which team has played more NFL conference finals?