Dortmund: Sancho may leave someday, but he's happy here - Kehl
Borussia Dortmund director Sebastian Kehl has conceded that a new challenge may someday tempt Jadon Sancho away from the club, but insists he is happy for now.
Jadon Sancho may eventually leave Borussia Dortmund but the England winger will not do so in this transfer window, director Sebastian Kehl has reiterated.
Sancho has been heavily linked with Manchester United but the Premier League club have reportedly not met the 120-million-euro asking price for the 20-year-old.
Sancho "is here - and he will stay here"
Dortmund have been firm in insisting Sancho is going nowhere and Kehl doubled down on that stance. "Jadon has trained well and professionally," he told Ruhr Nachrichten. "He is happy to play football.
"Yes, someday he might leave for a new challenge but right now he is happy at Borussia Dortmund and Borussia Dortmund is happy to have him.
"He is here - and he will stay here. It was an important statement from the club because we have a certain responsibility. Without Jadon, this team is worse."
Opta data supports Kehl's Sancho praise
The Opta data from last season supports Kehl's statement that Dortmund are inferior without the former Manchester City man.
Sancho's 17 league goals trailed only Robert Lewandowski (34) and Timo Werner (28). Thomas Müller (21) was the lone player to have more assists than Sancho's 16 in the Bundesliga.
He was seventh in the league in chances created, crafting 69 opportunities for Dortmund last season.
Dortmund began the 2020-21 Bundesliga season with a 3-0 win over Borussia Mönchengladbach, Sancho providing an assist in his 78 minutes on the pitch.
Te recomendamos en English
- coronavirus stimulus checks What have Republicans said about a second stimulus check?
- CORONAVIRUS Unemployment benefits: can you still get them if you are fired?
- US election 2020 Election US 2020: who are the top economic officials named by Biden?
- LIGA MX Miguel Herrera to continue as the head coach of Club América
- BOXING Tyson admits to smoking a joint ahead of Roy Jones fight
- Football Aspetar to host sports medicine forum until Qatar 2022