Atlético Madrid's Giménez tests positive for coronavirus
Atlético Madrid players will complete their next training session individually after José Giménez tested positive for coronavirus.
José Giménez has tested positive for coronavirus, Atlético Madrid have confirmed. The Uruguay defender was the only player from Monday's tests to return a positive result, the club said in a statement on Tuesday. Giménez is now isolating at home, with Atlético confirming LaLiga's protocol has been implemented and the players will complete the next training session individually.
Head coach Diego Simeone also tested positive for the virus earlier this month and underwent a period of isolation, though he did not display any symptoms.
Atlético are due to start their new season at home to Granada at the Wanda Metropolitano on Sunday. Simeone's men finished third in a disrupted 2019-20 campaign, while they were knocked out of the Champions League at the quarter-finals stage by RB Leipzig.
Te recomendamos en English
- NETFLIX What's coming to Netflix in December 2020 and what's leaving: movies, tv series...
- BOXING When was the Mike Tyson last fight and what was the result?
- Coronavirus When is the coronavirus vaccine arriving in the US according to Trump?
- GAMING Where to buy the Xbox Series X|S on Black Friday: restock times & deals at GameStop, Walmart, Kohls, Best Buy, Target, Amazon...
- BOXING Mike Tyson vs Roy Jones Jr: dates, fight card, PPV price, TV and how to watch online
- Real Madrid-Atlético Madrid Carvajal hands Zidane a fresh problem for Atletico derby