Atlético Madrid's Giménez tests positive for coronavirus
Atlético Madrid players will complete their next training session individually after José Giménez tested positive for coronavirus.
José Giménez has tested positive for coronavirus, Atlético Madrid have confirmed. The Uruguay defender was the only player from Monday's tests to return a positive result, the club said in a statement on Tuesday. Giménez is now isolating at home, with Atlético confirming LaLiga's protocol has been implemented and the players will complete the next training session individually.
Head coach Diego Simeone also tested positive for the virus earlier this month and underwent a period of isolation, though he did not display any symptoms.
Atlético are due to start their new season at home to Granada at the Wanda Metropolitano on Sunday. Simeone's men finished third in a disrupted 2019-20 campaign, while they were knocked out of the Champions League at the quarter-finals stage by RB Leipzig.
Te recomendamos en English
- Halloween What is the history and meaning of Halloween?
- DISNEY+ The Mandalorian Season 2: how many episodes and when are they released on Disney+?
- US Election 2020 What's Biden's plan for Medicare?
- Coronavirus Main Street Lending Program: what changes did Federal Reserve make to small business loans?
- US Election 2020 How many votes did Trump get in Florida in the 2016 presidential election?
- US Election 2020 What's Biden's plan for the economy, stimulus and unemployment?