AS Roma forfeit game 3-0 after fielding ineligible player
Roma have had their 0-0 draw with Hellas Verona turned into a 3-0 loss due to an administrative error.
Roma have been punished with a 3-0 defeat for fielding an ineligible player against Hellas Verona in their Serie A opener on Saturday.
Three points lost in Roma opener
Lega Serie A announced on Tuesday that Roma used a player over the age of 22 who had not been registered on their 25-man list with the league.
According to widespread reports, the administrative error relates to Amadou Diawara, who turned 23 in July.
The game at the Marc'Antonio Bentegodi finished goalless but Roma will return to zero points for the season following their sanction.
Verona head coach Ivan Juric was fined €5,000 for giving his team instructions from the stands while serving a touchline ban.
Te recomendamos en English
- BORUSSIA M. 2 - REAL MADRID 2 Real Madrid: Benzema hits out at Vinícius, according to Téléfoot
- Barcelona aiming to end Juventus hoodoo, Mbappe eyes more away-day joy – Champions League in Opta numbers
- European Super League European Super League: a "hostile takeover" of Champions League
- FOOTBALL Manchester United to move for Leipzig's Upamecano - rumour has it
- MLB Dodgers beat Rays to end 32-year World Series drought
- US ELECTIONS 2020 Who are the candidates for 2020 US Elections besides Trump and Biden?