Sergiño Dest could be second most expensive American transfer in history
Last summer Christian Pulisic became the most expensive transfer of a US player when Chelsea paid $70 million to Borussia Dortmund. Now Dest claims second place.
According to Esport3, Barcelona and Ajax have reached an agreement for Sergiño Dest who is set to fly to Spain to complete his medical and sign his new deal. TV3 programme Onze state FC Barcelona will pay the Dutch team 20 million euros, with another five million in potential add-ons, to sign the United States international.
Top 10 USMNT most expensive transfers
Once the deal is official, Dest will become the second most expensive transfer in the history of US players. On top of the list is Christian Pulisic, who last summer joined Chelsea for $70 million from Borussia Dortmund.
After FC Barcelona sold left back Nelson Semedo to Wolverhampton for 37 million euros, the new head coach Ronald Koeman needed to fill that spot and he saw in Dest the perfect candidate after a great season with Ajax last year. Bayern Munich were also interested in signing the 19-year-old.
Here is the Top 10:
- Christian Pulisic - $70 million
- Sergiño Dest - $20 million (once it becomes official)
- John Anthony Brooks - Wolfsburg - $18.5 million
- Jozy Altidore - Sunderland - $11 million
- Timothy Weah - Lille - $11 million
- Clint Dempsey - Tottenham - $8.15 million
- Michael Bradley - Toronto FC - $8.05 million
- Zack Steffen - Manchester City - $7.45 million
- Claudio Reyna - Sunderland - $7.3 million
- DeAndre Yedlin - Newcastle United - $7.1 million
Te recomendamos en English
- US ELECTIONS 2020 What is a 'contingent election' and what happens if Biden-Trump vote is tied?
- UNITED STATES USA election live online: Trump - Biden, coronavirus, stimulus checks, updates, breaking news
- US Election 2020 Electoral College map: which states have the most electors?
- USA election 2020 USA election 2020: where do I vote?
- CORONAVIRUS Second stimulus check: US coronavirus relief bill update
- US NEWS Will be there Black Friday in 2020 and when could it be?